Angie Navarro Sigala is the Principal Attorney with the Law Offices of John R. Alcorn. She is Board Certified as a specialist in United States Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization. Mrs. Sigala's immigration practice involves all areas of U.S. Immigration and Nationality Law, including family and employment-based immigration, non-immigrant visas, removal defense, litigation, asylum law, waivers, and U-visas. Mrs. Sigala has represented clients in proceedings before the Immigration Court and on appeal with the Board of Immigration Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Angie N. Sigala was admitted to the State Bar of California in December 2006. She is also admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the United States District Court for the Central District of California. Mrs. Sigala graduated from the University of California at Berkeley in 1999 with a Bachelors degree in Political Science and a minor in Spanish Literature. She joined the Law Offices of John R. Alcorn in March of 2001 as a Paralegal. While working as a Paralegal, Mrs. Sigala attended Whittier Law School in the evenings with the support of her long-term mentor, John R. Alcorn. Mrs. Sigala graduated with a Juris Doctor degree in May of 2006.
Mrs. Sigala is member of the Orange County Bar Association Immigration Law Section, American Immigration Lawyers Association, and Hispanic Bar Association. Mrs. Sigala was recognized as Business Women of the Year (2011) by the National Hispanic Business Women Association for her service to the Orange County community. She currently sits on the Board of Directors of El Sol Science and Arts Academy of Santa Ana ("El Sol").
As the daughter of immigrant parents, Mrs. Sigala has personal experience with the immigration system of the United States, Mrs. Sigala offers a unique empathy and insight to our clients. Her story is truly a fulfillment of her childhood dream. She recalls having to be the translator for her parents during their immigration experience. Mrs. Sigala is fluent in both Spanish and English and is able to provide Spanish-speaking clients with the comfort of receiving legal services in their native language.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration and Nationality Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Immigration and Nationality Law Specialist Attorney
- California, 2006
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
- J.D. - 05/2006
- University of California at Berkeley
- Bachelors Degree - 1999
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Spanish Literature
Honors and Awards
- National Hispanic Women Association’s Business Woman of the Year
- Whittier Law School’s CALI Excellence for the Future Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers’ Association (AILA)
- Immigration Law Section of Orange County Bar Association
- EL Sol Science and Arts Academy of Science, Board Member
- Irvine Chamber of Commerce
- El Sol Foundation, Board Member